Whitfield Advantage II control board problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie10

Dec 29, 2013
My control board lights up, but then immediately shuts off. The blower and auger do not attempt to start. A control board repair shop tested the entire board and could not find an issue. He has done more research and said that everyone he talked to said that symptom can only be the board. Anyone else have this issue?

Do you have the control panel with the touch buttons or the one with rotary dials?

My touch button control panel does that sometimes. I unplug it for a few minutes, plug it back in, it clicks and then I can push start and it runs as usual.

For some reason, just turning off the surge protector doesn't work, I have to unplug the stove or the surge protector to get the board to reset.

Dave

Do you have the control panel with the touch buttons or the one with rotary dials?

My touch button control panel does that sometimes. I unplug it for a few minutes, plug it back in, it clicks and then I can push start and it runs as usual.

For some reason, just turning off the surge protector doesn't work, I have to unplug the stove or the surge protector to get the board to reset.

Dave

Hi Dave,
I have the push button board (about $400) to get a new one. I feel in a bit of a catch 22, nobody around has the board so I can throw one in to check, so I'd have to buy it, and if that doesn't fix it, I have a replacement board I might not need.

I've unplugged it a few times in the past to see if it would reset. A few minutes at a time, at first, then I unplugged it overnight and tried again to no avail.

I am going to keep trying in the meantime, though. Thanks for the post!

I had the same thing occur with my Whit IIT insert back in the spring...
Lit up, then went off. Sometimes, it would start up.
Replaced the board, and all is well. Purchased from a dealer in CT, Want to say ~ 325ish..

Status
Not open for further replies.