Whitfield Advantage II-T (1991) - How do you put pellets in an insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitfield Advantage II-T (1991) - How do you put pellets in an insert?Hi, I purchased a pellet stove about 2 years ago on Ebay; working on it right now in the garage, seems to be working properly after some minor maintenance. The Advantage II-T is an insert and one of the things I was wondering about is how am I suppose to get pellets in such a small opening of 18” X 2.5”. Do they make a funnel system for the unit, it appears to have slide rails on both sides inside the hopper area and have the cover but believe I am missing something here. The manual which I downloaded from the internet and on the parts page it shows part number 12351404: Lid with Hinge; my stove has no hinge, however have searched the web for this part to no avail. Anybody have an idea whats going on here?

The II-T Insert is supposed to have a hinged door that open toward you. If you cannot find one on the web, have someting fabricated and mount it with some pop rivets (probably save you a bunch over the OEM part). Lennox also used to make a "funnel" for that too. I know recently Lennox announced that they were no longer going to support those machines but a lot of the parts may still be available (at least till they run out). Be careful not to break the door glass, super expensive, especially if its a one piece bay window. Cool stove though, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.