Whitfield Advantage II-T ignitor won't cycle off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbilling

Mar 28, 2008
Peone, WA
Hi, guys

I've been away from this forum for quite a while; my two Whitfield inserts have been humming along great the whole time until recently when I noticed that the igniter on one was still energized even after I had shut the stove down and it had cooled off. I unplugged the stove to de-energize the igniter, which it did, of course. Then when I plugged it back in, the igniter came one all by itself before I pressed the Start button. It did it again tonight, even lighting some pellets in the grate.

My schematics don't show an igniter circuit. My understanding was that the start cycle would rev up the exhaust fan temporarily to clear the flue and send a pulse to the igniter timer block, which would run the igniter for 10 minutes or so, then open the circuit to the igniter, shutting it off.

Does that sound about right? If so, then it seems I have a stuck timer block. Anybody fix this problem before? I'd hate to replace the whole igniter assembly, it's still working good, TOO good.

Thanks,
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.