Whitfield Advantage Optima 2 FS turn on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

46ercoupe

Hearth Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
White Mountains Arizona
My wife shut off the pellet stove and when I went to restart it later there was no power on the panel (or lights). I checked and I have power to the panel. I checked the 2 disks and found they were closed. What else could it be ? I suspect the control panel but can't seem to find one. ANY IDEAS ????? :question:

hey 46er...... you maybe already have this but here's what was in the troubleshooting section of the manual.... maybe re-seating the control board might get you going again..... also here's the manual if you need it...... http://www.stovesandspas.com/pdf/optima.pdf ......hope this helps some.... cc :)

Attachments

• Optoma 2 Trouble.jpg
    Optoma 2 Trouble.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 366
I've disconnected the panel then reconnected it. Still the same. It is like the panel is dead. But I checked power across the fuse for the auger motor and there is power. Seems like the on/off button is not powered anymore. I'm lost, and it is starting to get cold. The stove is about 4 years old.

........... did you check if the high limit sw had tripped as per the trouble shootin guide.... see schematic also below... is there someone else more familiar with them on this forum.......... cc

Edit... also check for 120 volts from pin 13 (Hot) to 14 (neutral) and .........from pin 4 (Hot) to 14 (neutral) as per the schematic...as a start...careful with the juice if you are not familiar with it.... :ahhh:

click on schematic to enlarge.....

Attachments

• Whitfield Schematic.jpg
    Whitfield Schematic.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 722
46ercoupe said:
I'm not getting any power readings across either set.

Ok...... while keeping one probe of the AC voltage multimeter on pin 14 (neutral) move the other probe from pin 13 (hot 120V) and back towards the power plug.... (the source of 120V) .... once you see it, the problem is between pin 13 and the main supply to the stove....... also check that the neutral is good all the way back to the plug too....... good luck but be careful........ ;-) .........cc

46ercoupe said:
I just double checked my plug and noticed I had my sides reversed. Now I'm getting power at both points. ????????

....... with voltage supplied to the control panel at both those pins 13 & 4 both with respect to 14 (not ground but pin 14 only)..... and no response from the control panel...... it doesn't look good for the control panel ..... :roll: ...........also..... does any component on the control panel look charred or smell like burnt varnish? .......cc

Sorry, I got tied up on my wife's car. I checked the panel for any kind of damage or burn smell,Nothing. I opened the back and it looks like new , no discoloration or smell. Do you Know where I mite get a replacement panel ?

......before you spend the big $$ for a control panel.... is there a tech at a local dealer that could bless this decision.....that could give it a close up look for you........ if not.... her's a link...... http://www.stovesandspas.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=S&Category_Code=WHITFIELD2 ....they aren't cheap are they...... anything with the word 'control' in it is big $$$ these days..... (I know I'm not helping....) ....... :-S ......cc.

(P.S. I see they have a number to call re questions.... good luck....... :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.