Whitfield Advantage Plus question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarbRage

Jan 21, 2015
Putnam County NY
Hello all, been creeping the forum for a while and finally decided to post a few questions about my stove. I was luck enough to save my first advantage plus from the scrap yard along with a crap load of duravent. The second one was given to me by an uncle who purchased a new stove.
1) What is the max distance for the chimney pipe? My house had an existing wood burner and i ran 13ft of 3" duravent to the existing 6" thimble. it has 2 45's and one tee with a clean-out. See pic 1
2) My first advantage plus did not have removable plates on either side of the burn pot. Only what appears to be a metal knockout. Has anyone attempted to remove them for clean-outs? see pic 2
3) I did replace the glass gasket on one of the doors and only 3 sides had material. The top had a 2 piece bracket and no material. Airwash? Also need to replace the door gasket and I used 1/2" but that appears to be to small. see pic 3
4) Where would one buy turbine oil locally for the motors or an off the shelf acceptable lubricant?
Do you recommend upgrading or replacing any parts? ( all i see in my future is some blower gaskets)

Oddly enough both of these stoves are the same model but one has clean-outs on the sides under the fire brick the other has the knockouts pictured above.

One stove has a larger hot air exchanger port above the door the other has a more narrow one.

Thanks for any help.
Rich

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 129