Whitfield Advantage WP2 Damper Blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2010
Southern NH
I am thinking of buying a 1990 Whitfield Advantage WP2, owner said damper blower may need replacement or cleaning, is this the vent blower? Also, it still has the old knob type contol board gray, how long do these control boards last? It has had some parts replaced, its in nice shape for the year.

Thanks

i'd have to assume he means the exhaust blower. If the board works fine then just make sure to put it on a surge suppressor. If that board goes you will not like to pay for a new one, they are pricey. I've seen some that age and older. Great machine.

I have no guess on how long the board can last, sorry.

Delta-T said:
.....If that board goes you will not like to pay for a new one, they are pricey....

Yep, that they are. depending on the serial number, the board could be anywhere from $350-$550. :gulp:

Northeaster2010 said:
I am thinking of buying a 1990 Whitfield Advantage WP2, owner said damper blower may need replacement or cleaning, is this the vent blower? Also, it still has the old knob type contol board gray, how long do these control boards last? It has had some parts replaced, its in nice shape for the year.

Thanks

Great machine. Parts are easier to come by than you think. You will have a analog control board on that baby. Ask to see it run. If it does, and the price is right...get it. Good machine. People here can help you restore it if need be.

Thanks for the help guys. Do you know if I can still get a installation/owners manual for this? the serial number is WH-71473

Here's a pic of the stove

Attachments

• Whit3.jpg
    Whit3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 364
you can probably get the Advantage II-T manual from lennoxhearthproducts.com. not 100% the same as that unit, but very close. I have a hardcopy of the original manual (more like a small packet). I bet someone here has a copy that they scanned.

Northeaster2010 said:
Thanks for the help guys. Do you know if I can still get a installation/owners manual for this? the serial number is WH-71473

Send forum member "Wood Heat Stoves" a PM with the model # & serial #. Good chance his company will have a copy of the owners manual, and maybe the service manual too. Good guy to work with, and they have many parts for Whitfield stoves too.

www.woodheatstoves.com

imacman said:
Northeaster2010 said:

Send forum member "Wood Heat Stoves" a PM with the model # & serial #. Good chance his company will have a copy of the owners manual, and maybe the service manual too. Good guy to work with, and they have many parts for Whitfield stoves too.

www.woodheatstoves.com

thanks for the plug...

and yes, i have the original owners and svc books for that model, op
send me an email
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.