Whitfield P20 Ignition Issue Contest

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I'm giving you guys a big heads up.....it's missing something and I'll give you another hint, it's in the firebox...think air flow

The lids for the ash clean out ports behind the fire brick?

Ash Clean-out ports, Profile 20 FS-2.jpg

Missing filter on photo eye lens.

Missing Baffle Plate?

My last guess. Ultra Plate missing or side panel screw missing

The ash slide plate?

Ash slide plate.jpg

So do you cut people a deal when you spend 4 hours trying to figure something out. Just wondering theres no right answer.

Yes......! You got it!

Who, me? :) Forummember Mralias suggested the Ultra Plate missing before I mentioned the ash slide plate.
What is an Ultra Plate?

Who, me? :) Forummember Mralias suggested the Ultra Plate missing before I mentioned the ash slide plate.
What is an Ultra Plate?
Ultra plate is different. Though the ash slide plate doesn't completely seal the opening . It does restrict some and divert the rest of the air flow so the hot air hits the pellets. Pm your mailing address and t shirt size. Good job.

Ultra plate is a plate used to convert older whitfields to the smaller sized burn pot. Whitfields used to have 13 bars in the ultra grate, newer models came with 10 if you had an older whit and needed a new burn pot you would get the ultra plate to cover the larger hole to fit the smaller pot

Thanks to Scott Williamson for letting a foreigner like me participate in the contest. Looking forward to receive the T-shirt. I'll be proud wearing it. Especially when people ask me where/how i got it;)

And if they don't ask, I'll tell them anyway:)

I put this up as a contest to raise some awareness about issue that is actually very common. Whitfield was smart to incorporate this slide plate as a way of negating the issue. Travis (Lopi and Avalon) also use this type of plate. This was the very first time that I can remember a stove not lighting because if it, cause c'mon, who removes the plate? Right? Ultimately, I guess there could be a safety on the plate that keep the plate from being removed. There is a safety there to make sure it's closed. The door wont shut unless the plate is seated properly.

In the stove, there needs to be a roughly 35/1 air to fuel ratio. When the stove is running, it is pulling air from the intake into the burn pot, but air is also coming down the feed chute from the hopper. If the ash pan were not seated and sealed...and the Profile series does not have a sealed ash bin, air could also be taken from the left and right sides of the burn pot up the ash dump holes...this would be bad cause a potion of the 35% air would miss the combustion zone. VERY COMMON IN ALL ENVIRO STOVES with the exception of the Maxx, Mini-A and M55's.

Thanks for playing everybody....new contest coming soon.

Reactions: mralias
When's the Grand opening? Wanna schedule some vacation. I'm pretty far away and would like to make it (end of thread, I waited to ask as not to Hi Jack.)

Any idea yet?.

Status
Not open for further replies.