Whitfield profile 20-2 stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you need to know? a few peeps here know at least something...several know a whole lot.

I got a chance to buy a working one for 200 bucks. Just wanted to see what you guys thought

for their time the Whitfiedls are pretty decent stoves...$200 is not bad. The control board alone is worth that.

Go for it! $200,- is a real bargain. A Profile 20-2 is an improved version of my Quest Plus and I have only good things to say about mine. One important improvement is the ash clean-out ports behind the fire brick. See photo. Some people have had issues with proof-of-fire sensor - the photo-eye -, but if you follow the measures as suggested in the text below the photo-eye shouldn't be an issue.

Good luck
Bo

Ash Clean-out ports, Profile 20 FS-2.jpgphoto eye test.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.