Whitfield quest pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mk510

Dec 6, 2020
Wi
Whitfield quest pellet stove. I just bought a Whitfield quest pellet stove and I am doing a good cleaning of it I did notice when I was cleaning it and I took the burn pot tray out I could see a square hole opening right through to the back of the stove is that normal or is there something missing any help is greatly appreciated thanks Mark Mark

Whitfield quest pellet stove

Hello Mark, and welcome to the forums. That hole is the fresh air intake to the burnpot. My Quest Plus is a little different from your regular Quest. On this picture of my stove ( convection blower removed for cleaning ) we see that the fresh air intake is led a little further to the back of stove through a box shaped duct. On the non visible side of this duct there is a square hole pointing away from the convection blower intake.
I can't tell you if your regular Quest also came with this air duct as new, but the Quest stoves were never true "OAK ready" ( OAK = out side air kit ). A true OAK ready stove should have the combustion air duct led all the way to the back panel of the stove.
DSC00871.JPG
Note: The electrical component attached to the air duct is one of the two high limit switches. A Quest Plus has two of these. A regular Quest only one.

Do you have the operation/installation manual and the service manual? If not I'll be happy to send them to you.

Good luck and take care. Keep us posted.