Whitfield WP-3 Prodigy Pellet Stove For Sale - $250

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Is this WP-3 Prodigy a good deal?

http://nh.craigslist.org/app/2348035724.html

Selling a used model WP-3 PRODIGY Pellet Stove
Serial #: WH6880

This pellet stove is in excellent condition and has been well taken care of. It does have a tempermental auger fan, may or may not need replacement. Was installed in home when purchased in '04. Was used for two seasons before we moved in, and another two seasons in '06 and '07.The stove was more then capable of easily heating a 1800+ sq. ft. split entry home.

Asking $250. Please contact thru email, I will reply in a timely manner! thank you!

How to identify your Whitfield pellet stove
http://woodheatstoves.com/prodigy-i-and-ii-wp3-c-292_90_99_95_262.html

Attachments

• WhitfieldWP3prodigy.jpg
    WhitfieldWP3prodigy.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,856
Franks said:
Looks like a good deal. Why, you thinking of another stove?

Yes, to fixup for the garage or maybe to sell.

Temperamental auger fan means new auger motor is most cases. The fan is on the stator shaft. If it ain't movin' then your auger ain't turnin'. The prodigy is a puffer. It produces air for combustion and blows it in under the burn pot. Parts are not too difficult to get but not just a simple plug and play anymore. You may have to adapt parts as the case may be. The unit also relies on some natural draft so you are going to want to create some vertical rise with your installation.
Lastly, once or twice in the life of this stove it should be stripped down and gone over inch by inch. The stove is getting up in age and a rebuild of it or parts may be needed. Great stove...just be aware. There is also about 10+ years of age of this stove that is not being accounted for via the description. This model was made from 90-94 and you say it was installed new in '02?

Hello

I did not realize this stove was that old. Thanks again Scott!!

Hello

I did not realize this stove was that old.....

I'd reply to him, mentioning the fact that it's much older than described, plus the need for a complete cleaning and replacement auger motor. Then offer him $150.....it's gotta be worth that if it runs at all.

well he only wants 120 bucks and says the blower and auger work, but they broke the front glass. sorry am using an old link in hopes of info for if the parts are interchangeable with the advantage models

ok found out the parts are NOT interchangeable with the advantage series... but is t stat capable... would be great for a garage or something where a cracked glass wouldnt matter much with proper fresh air venting, but I dont need that currently. thanks for the help :)

I would only offer max a 100 with glass broke , and its a smaller stove than the advantage

We have one of these units in the house and use it for either the shoulder season where we need a little fire, or as a helper in the cold weather.

Great little stove.

It does take a little more fiddling with than some of the other models of Whitfield.

I bought ours for $200 and it came with a pad too.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.