Who’d have thunk it: Wood stoves are not made for over night burns.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I dont do over night fires per se, and my house is usually in the mid 50s in the morning, but it takes less than an hour to heat the house back up. In my mind, Im saving wood, and oil. I only use it for back up heat, the oil I mean. WAY to costly!

Reactions: St. Coemgen
Does this mean we cant slow burn daytime also or its only when were sleeping the creosote monster enters our stove pipe? I just did my 6 week clean and got maybe 2 ladle spoons of creosote.

Reactions: PAbeech
I loaded at 6:30 last night and still putting out heat. I’m screwed.

Reactions: PAbeech
I dont do over night fires per se, and my house is usually in the mid 50s in the morning, but it takes less than an hour to heat the house back up. In my mind, Im saving wood, and oil. I only use it for back up heat, the oil I mean. WAY to costly!
As long as one so doesn’t mind the low indoor temps, that is a good way to save a little wood.