Who else is burning this Holiday weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderthewelder

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
I had a small fire last night, and am thinking about getting another one going in a couple hours. It has been raining steadily the last 3 days ( cold rain) lows in the 40's overnight. House is at 65 right now, couple more hours and I am firing up the stove again

Anyone else??

At 81 at five in the evening and nineties coming for the next few days I think I will pass on lighting the stove. I did torch a bunch of oak yesterday and today in the grill pit.

The only fire I've had going lately is in the firepit. Am going out shortly to cook supper over it again.

We are stuck in a wet, cold pattern. It's 20 degrees warmer in friggin' Alaska than here! Sucks. I'm heading out to load up the wood box so that we can have a short fire tonight. Watching North Face (epic movie!) last night with all that snow, ice and wind made me want a fire.

definetly could be right now, it has been raining for the last week and cold and windy about 41 right now down to 32 at night don't have any wood in the wood box so haven't bothered. have thought about it though :-S they say this is the wettest spring on record, the farmers are stuck between having more than enough moisture and getting the seed in the ground!

Campfire is burnin. A/C been on since Monday.

Let the fire die out before noon today. Hoping to light her up around 9pm. Tomorrow it is supposed to reach 80° much above the 70° we reached today. It got down to 47° last night. I like to burn. My dad sometimes opened a window for a fire when we were kids. My fire is uber low polluting.

Jay
Harman Advance
Fresh ton 0' pellets in. :)

Burning every day. Hi of 62, low in 40's all month. Coldest May in my memory. Started fire this morning but let it burn out about 3pm so maybe warming up? 70 would be heavenly!

It's funny. I've never envied people in cold regions before. I was feeling pretty sick last night, and I was wishing for a cold night so I could light a fire. No such luck. We've had beautiful weather in the 70s and 80s lately. I guess I'm going to have to accept that I won't be lighting any fires in my stove until September.

started to snow tonight while I was watching the NHL cup finals. Thats OK I fertilized the lawn today so it will be nice and green next week. fire going this weekend and last. Warmer here in Feb, March & April then in May. Still got lot's of wood left so what ever.

I'd prefer to be burning. It's 87 degrees at noon, and it's only going to get warmer. I'm going to hide in my basement
and watch a baseball game. My wife has asked me to start a fire in the burn pit tonight for company that's coming over.
She may have to pry me off the couch with a cold beer.

It's been a while here since we've had a fire going. Now I don't expect another fire in the stove before September.

With you guys in the NW and Canada having the cold rains and some snow, it is no wonder we are way above normal temperature here. Thanks fellas. It is appreciated.

To warm in my neck of the woods to burn (unless you count grilling), but not so hot that I can't go out and cut some firewood!

Bill

BeGreen said:
We are stuck in a wet, cold pattern. It's 20 degrees warmer in friggin' Alaska than here! Sucks. I'm heading out to load up the wood box so that we can have a short fire tonight. Watching North Face (epic movie!) last night with all that snow, ice and wind made me want a fire.

I am wondering how you guy handle all that cold wet weather and the short 10hrs of daylight in the summer. :lol: No stove for two weeks now. Gets dusk at 11pm now.
Cheers

We are pretty far north for latitude, averaging about 16 hrs of daylight now. But none of it sunny for the past week. :mad:

We had a fire last night, might have another tonight. Northwest Washington has been cold and wet lately but I guess it's a fair trade considering how mild our winter was this year.

Memorial Day is one thing but when we're burning on the 4th of July that's another! :)

Got down to 26 F Saturday night; still burning in the Sierras.

Had a small one the other evening. But we're mostly into doing the firepit this time of year.

I burned this weekend, but it wasn't a fire. With temps hitting 95F yesterday, my back and shoulders got red as h$ll.

Yep, got one going right now. But will let it burn out since it's getting too warm in here.

Yes, daily. House was 58 inside when we returned from the holiday campout.

Sucky, chilly, cloudy, rainy weather in central Oregon. Been burning off and on in the shop (right now is "on"), but we got lazy in the house and have been using the electric central furnace from time to time. Meantime bringing in some wood for next year...2 cords of CSD Western Larch (Tamarack), and 4 cords of Lodgepole rounds. All of it was standing dead. The Larch right now is about 28% MC, the Lodgepole (beetle-kill) already below that. Plenty of work to do to get it all split and put up. Wish it would stop raining, it's like we're living on the other side of the Cascades in the Willamette Valley or something. Tired of it. Rick

fossil said:
Wish it would stop raining, it's like we're living on the other side of the Cascades in the Willamette Valley or something. Tired of it. Rick

So you can just imagine how much fun it is on the west side of the Cascades. Not!

Crazy weather this year. I have some friends hiking the PCT right now. They have hit snow since the 1st day at the Mexican border (April 1st). Now heading into the Sierras with lots of snow. Another friend reported they had snow in Sacramento the other day! What the heck?? Time for this system to move on back north.

Status
Not open for further replies.