Who else is burning this Holiday weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No more wood burning inside untill fall. We'll just put on a sweatshirt if its chilly, like today!

BeGreen said:
fossil said:
Wish it would stop raining, it's like we're living on the other side of the Cascades in the Willamette Valley or something. Tired of it. Rick

So you can just imagine how much fun it is on the west side of the Cascades. Not!

Crazy weather this year. I have some friends hiking the PCT right now. They have hit snow since the 1st day at the Mexican border (April 1st). Now heading into the Sierras with lots of snow. Another friend reported they had snow in Sacramento the other day! What the heck?? Time for this system to move on back north.

Suppose to rain its arse off between this evening and tomorrow afternoon, calling for over 1" down low and over 2" in the mountains, At least it has warmed up a bit

In the nineties here with eighty percent humidity yesterday, today and for the next few days. I just loaded a full load of C/S/D kilowatt hours in the air conditioners for the night cool. The electric company that didn't make squat off of me all winter will get even now.

Had a monster thunderstorm come through this afternoon at two o'clock. Dark as night outside and thunder rattling the windows with a huge downpour. Took me two hours to find the poor woodpile cat after it was over.

BrotherBart said:
...Had a monster thunderstorm come through this afternoon at two o'clock. Dark as night outside and thunder rattling the windows with a huge downpour...

I actually used to enjoy sitting out on our covered porch off the second floor MBR in Fairfax, beer in hand, and watch a good one roll through. Spectacular. Other than that, I don't miss the weather there all that much, whatever the season. Stay cool. :coolsmile: Rick

I read this post yesterday and was wondering about you guys burning . . . until I got home last night and decided that with the cooler weather and rain that a small fire would be nice to take the chill out of the house . . . it's funny . . . you guys often seem to be more accurate than the local weather guessers . . . I read about the weather you're having and a day or two later we get it.

I notice that a lot during the winter. However, after your soggy summer last year, you definitely don't want what we are getting now. Raining steady now and hope this is the last wet system for awhile.

High 90's here and supposed to be in the 100's by Friday. Really found out how wood heats you twice this last weekend when we cut and split some Post Oak that had blown over earlier in the year at a friend's house. My kids didn't see the fun in cutting and splitting wood when it was 97 °F. We got at least 1.5 cords from the two trees that fell and a big limb it knocked off a nearby tree. The wood was really heavy and solid so it should make for some good heat this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.