Who has a custom OAK?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it doesnt get hot ? Just brings cold air in ? ?????

Under normal operation that is true, but a stove isn't guaranteed to always operate normally that is why certain items have to be able to handle known failure modes.

One of those failure modes is reverse exhaust flow, and yes it does happen, not frequently, but it does happen.

Reactions: smoke show
My wife has been complaining about the draft through the living room when the stove is running. I said to her "I can fix that with an OAK, just need a day to work on it, kid free". She has agreed, sort of :). So now I can hopefully get the custom OAK on the M55 installed within the next few week(end)s.

My idea is to basically duplicate how the exhaust connection takes place when the stove is rolled into the frame of the insert. I will have to add some parts to the frame of the insert for mounting the OAK connection though. Should be a fun project.

Status
Not open for further replies.