Who has Hearthstone Shelburne and do you like it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope it does the job this winter. I have a 4 bedroom ranch. Wondering if im going to have enough would. Think I have around three cords

That stove was on our short list. It's a beauty, congratulations. If you are new to burning, one of the most important lessons you will learn is that you want to only burn well seasoned wood if at all possible. Seasoned wood will make the difference between poor or so so performance and real heat.

Congrats.

As for your wood supply you should start trying to get ahead on that.

Bought a Hearthstone Shelburne just about a year ago to replace a big old Fisher Mama Bear that was in the house when I purchased. Very happy with it. First, so much smaller than that big old Fisher Dragon. Much more efficient, uses way less wood. Does a very good job of keeping my approx 1500 Sq Ft, 3 story chalet style house very comfy, even on sub zero Adirondack nights. Easy to operate and adjust, although the short movement on the air intake control takes a little getting used to. You do have to get it just right in terms of timing and load to get a full 7 hr or so overnight burn. But, even if I don't get up during the night to feed it, there are always a nice bed of coals to get things going again quickly.

Love the full glass door for fire watching and ambiance. The glass is pretty easy to clean.

Hope you enjoy yours, think you will

Been using it and love it. Just have to figure out how to regulate the heat. Was toying with it yesterday and the temp got up to 86. I dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.