Who upgraded to a BIGGER STOVE and how much better was it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i went from a 1.7 cf firebox Napoleon 1101 to a 3.2 cf firebox Osburn 2400.

Are you happier with the new heat output? I am so happy with the heat output. It's incredible the amount of heat this thing throws.
Do you have less of a coaling problem? No coaling problem. Still trying to figure out a good system though.
Do you have much less frequent re-loads and get a better night’s sleep? Way less reloads. Sleeping with far less worries of a cool house.

Overall, was it worth getting the bigger stove? Absolutely worth it. Even my wife says it makes a big difference. Starting fires in a larger firebox is much easier. Also love the benefit of not having to cut my wood so short for NS burning. 19" deep x 23" long. I love this stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.