Who will still be on this forum in a month?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris D 101

Hearth Supporter
Dec 23, 2008
North Jersey
I 've been lurking on this board since june, and I noticed how it really picked up when it got cold out. So I was just wondering who'll still be here in the warm months to talk to after the fires are out. I 've only been burning for 1 season but I'll still be asking, reading, and learning so I'll be better prepared for next year. As for the ones who'll be off doing warm things, I'll see you in the cold months. ;-) Now excuse me while I get started on next years wood supply. :)

I'll still be here, I'm a first yearer (is that even a word) too, but I'm sure it won't be as frequently. I've noticed a drop off already, and I'm sure a lot of fires went out this weekend.

As long as they're serving beer and wine some regulars will hang out here.

Three years and I probably won't break the habit any time soon.

Where else is there to go?

This is my first year of 24/7 (or maybe more like 20/7 actual results) burning with my new stove. I used to not care much for winter. Now, quite frankly, I really don't care if spring and all the mud ever gets here. Keep it frozen and the fire burning...

Furthermore, the internet is pretty boring, otherwise, and like Wood Fox said, where else is there to go? (besides Van Halen News Desk (vhnd.com))? ;)

I'm not actually here right now.

I've been here for a few years now, so I suppose I'll be here this summer too.

In the summer time, while I'm working on my wood supply, I'll probably move my attention over to the woodpile forum.

-SF

don't post much but i will probably still "lurk" around, love seeing the pics of peoples free wood hauls and stuff, great site and great people!!! bring on the warmer weather, -15*c here right now supposed to be -20*c next week winter is definetely hanging on!!!!

Most of us are still here over summer. We just get more philosophical and more argumentatiive....

Always looking for new tips. I'll be lurking all summer.

We don't really get Summers here, just a couple weeks of lousy skiing.

We have a running joke around here:
Person 1 - "You got any plans for this Summer?"
Person 2 - "Depends... if it falls on a weekend we might have a BBQ".

All summer its the "Look at the load I scored" threads. Its the anticipation!!! I will be here!

I work in the biz so fireplaces are my life for the time being...

ClubbyG said:
This is my first year of 24/7 (or maybe more like 20/7 actual results) burning with my new stove. I used to not care much for winter. Now, quite frankly, I really don't care if spring and all the mud ever gets here. Keep it frozen and the fire burning...

Furthermore, the internet is pretty boring, otherwise, and like Wood Fox said, where else is there to go? (besides Van Halen News Desk (vhnd.com))? ;)
I feal the same way, I used to HATE winter,in a strange way I love it now! As for the Question: Who will still be here in a month? I will be, It's like a carwreck Ya can't help but look!

BeGreen said:
As long as they're serving beer and wine some regulars will hang out here.

beer and wine?!? I only got some fire starters. Where's the thread for the beverages?

Oh, I think I'll be around. It was 11 below zero last night, today I cannot see my neighbors house as its blowing 40 mph. I had to make a trip out to the woodshed to replentish my supply on the deck by the door and I almost got lost.

Spring is coming? Ha!

Like our Webmaster, I'll probably be around until I die. There is always more to learn and learning here is enjoyable.

AbeAinPa: "yearer" is now an official word. The context in which you used it makes sense. Its meaning is clear. It is spelled correctly. It should be in the next edition of Webster's with appropriate credit to you for giving us a new noun.

Frostbit: I lived in Anchorage for 23 years in one of my other lives. Are you looking forward to "break up" 'long about mid-April? Does the Iditarod come near your area? Alaska is truly a great state but it has about two months too much winter for my old bones.

Best wishes to all.

John_M

This is my first year, but even now as the weather gets nicer and it is light out later, the computer sits by itself without my company much more often, so I'll probably be on here less often.
(But in the look at the wood I scored category, I have 7 cords of wood I have gathered, split and stacked for next winter!!)

BG - did my order for the stout and the cab-sav arrive yet?? (A nice vodka would also be a treat - hint, hint ;-) )

I'll be here!

I'll still be here, probably wont check in a dozen times a day since things are slowing down a bit already, but I aint going anywhere.

Hopefully I will be here commenting on some good cheap "finds" on wood.

I'm with the government . . . what else am I going to do all day at work. I need something to get me through the day. :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.