Whoa! Better check the rest of this install...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woody Stover, thanks for looking out for me and yes I am armed with correct installation of stove pipe and components. I have Owners manual handy and my neighbor that is a custom builder. Even though my neighbor has never installed a wood stove he said that he is very curious how installer is going to install chimney flashing since weather conditions are cold in Lapeer Mi, (30s). I agree with neighbor since roof shingles are not as user/application friendly in cold weather.

I believe my Stove Dealer is very reputable. He has been in business for over 30 years and has worked with me since the purchase of stove. He has given me his cell phone number in addition to business number. I have called him on occasion and He has always addressed my issues and concerns.

When installer dropped stove off the other day He was very concerned about getting stove into house without breaking his neck or the stove. (I couldn't agree more with that statement) When he finally got stove onto hearth he was very relieved and happy that there was no damage to my house, stove and hearth. He and his crew member did a fine job considering the weight of stove and the wet, slippery, weather conditions.

Installer went over in detail about every aspect of stove install and how he was going to install chimney components. He told us that He was glad that position of stove was under/next to roof truss. He mentioned that chimney would be secured to truss with ceiling support kit and that this would give chimney good support. He also was adamant about securing outside of chimney with stack brackets. He said that with winds where I live brackets were a must.

So far, so good, and I pray that all will go according to plan. If not I am reminded of that famous word, PATIENCE.

Fredo

Wow! How much does something like that cost?
It's almost like the installer was an enemy of your BIL, and volunteered his services.

That's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.