Why is it that....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strangemainer

Sep 2, 2008
Waterboro, Maine
During the summer I would love for my house to be 68 degrees. Tonight it is 68 degrees, and i'm cold!

Screw it...I'm burning pellets!!

Same here, it's 47 out there now , been raining all day, and supposed to be chilly and raining again tomorrow... So my pellets are burning to get the dampness and chill out of the air.... well besides that its relaxing and I love just watching the embers tossing about in the firebox...

Before I left for work I came in and it was 65* in the house. I was outside all day... 40-45* all day with a 30-35mph wind so I was pretty much chilled to the bone. I ended up just turning on the boiler because I didn't have time to make a fire.

Need I mention being afraid of heights and working 15ft up trying to set trusses was not very fun!

A few years ago I visited my brother for Christmas. The first night I froze to death! I had wool socks on, 3 blankets and I slept like complete crap because it was so cold. Well he was keeping the house at 60* because he was too darn cheap to spend a few $$s on fuel oil. I was ready to fill his tank just to be warm for a couple days!

strangemainer said:
During the summer I would love for my house to be 68 degrees. Tonight it is 68 degrees, and i'm cold!

Screw it...I'm burning pellets!!

Same here too ! Hard to believe...

My wife looks a the wall thermometer, then decides if she is cold or warm, and what I am going to do about it.

save$ said:
My wife looks a the wall thermometer, then decides if she is cold or warm, and what I am going to do about it.

A smart man does absolutley, positively, nothing. Turn and walk away..... Don't look back.

pretty cool and damp here in pa as well. just fired it up for a few hours to warm up the house and take off the chill....aaahhhhhh, warmth!

offjack said:
save$ said:

A smart man does absolutley, positively, nothing. Turn and walk away..... Don't look back.

I can relate to the original quote and I agree with the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.