why is it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfgmt

Feb 22, 2010
maine
why is it that before I got the pellet stove I could go till the end of November before it got cold enough in the house to turn the heat on but with the pellet stove I have burned two bags already? I actually have it on now because its raining out and a little damp :roll:

Down here in Cincinnati, I wont turn on our heating system until Nov 1st and probably wont fire up the pellet stoves until sometime in December.

bfgmt said:
why is it that before I got the pellet stove I could go till the end of september before it got cold enough in the house to turn the heat on but with the pellet stove I have burned two bags already? I actually have it on now because its raining out and a little damp :roll:

It's the middle of October, you made it past the end of September

i meant November fixed it above :red:

Cause It's exciting and maybe something new and are tempted cause you read this forum and see everyone else doing it.
This will be my 12th yr burning and it's like mowing the grass, fun at first then becomes a drag, esp the shutdown/cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.