Why we heat with wood stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and then you have to listen to those blowers and augers clunking and chunking all night.

That is just the annual hunt for pellet deals routine. Not unlike folks shopping oil dealers. There are some days during winter that I wish that pellet puppy in the basement was on the first floor. For sure during the shoulder seasons. That on and off switch and variable temp control is nice.

Oh please...we don't need another stupid wood vs. pellet thread. To each his own.

What? Wood vs. pellet threads are almost as great as cat vs. non-cat debates and these recurring debates make up the very fabric of our forum world.

Oh please...we don't need another stupid wood vs. pellet thread. To each his own.

No no no no... we need more stupid wood vs. pellet threads! Lots more! As well as cat vs. non-cat wood stove threads. Along with a lot more, "which stove should I buy" threads. And we never seem to have enough OWBs are all evil threads.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Yep. I can tell it is July on hearth.com.

So far Iv never had to pay a dime for anything that went in my stove outside of hauling. In fact i used to pay to get rid of demolition wood which now goes in the stove so net savings there. THeres something about FREE HEAT that is VERY appealing.

This pellet vs wood debate wouldn't last very long if most people got to see them running side by side. It's a night and day difference! No comparison in my opinion. I guess the only exception would be in areas where pellets are cheaper than cord wood. Here natural gas is cheaper than pellets and there is firewood laying in evey ditch.

Wasn't trying to make it that.

Quick. Everyone stop talking!

(There will be nothing left to moderate.)

This pellet vs wood debate wouldn't last very long if most people got to see them running side by side. It's a night and day difference! No comparison in my opinion. I guess the only exception would be in areas where pellets are cheaper than cord wood. Here natural gas is cheaper than pellets and there is firewood laying in evey ditch.

It's a hell of a lot more complicated than that.

Okay, go ahead and lock this one down. Sorry, guys!

I am so happy, and fortunate to have woodstoves! I did the pellet stove thing for a short time, went through the whole price shopping routine. I don't miss it at all.
I was in denial!

Yes, let's forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.