Will an 880 fit in a S-10?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
41 inch bar.

sure if you have a 6ft box pickup, going to be a squeeze in a blazer

I'd put it in in the passenger side with the seatbelt on it and have your bud ride in the back.

daveswoodhauler said:
I'd put it in in the passenger side with the seatbelt on it and have your bud ride in the back.

I am feeling You!

If you go under the tool box and run it corner to coner! lol I think it could handle a 50 inch?

Attachments

• 8801.jpg
    8801.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 356
Jay, I was gonna razz you by posting: "if I could afford an 880, then I'd buy a bigger truck." but then I realized that if I bought an 880 I'd have no money left for anything other than a Geo Metro. so, yeah. tailgate down and tie an orange flag to the tip of the bar.

Danno77 said:
Jay, I was gonna razz you by posting: "if I could afford an 880, then I'd buy a bigger truck." but then I realized that if I bought an 880 I'd have no money left for anything other than a Geo Metro. so, yeah. tailgate down and tie an orange flag to the tip of the bar.

That's sounds about right! I will never be able to justify a new or even a bigger truck. Work is less than a mile from my house. 90 percent of the wood I get is on the way home. Trailer and a 300.00 truck works fine...Lol Much different lifestyle then most. House payment and utilities is all I owe.

why not just ride the saw to work? just needs a saddle or something on there somewhere.

A-cord-ingLEE said:
LOAD'er up!
Eye luv my lil' 96 s-10 4 banger!
Drive IT more than the eF-350.

mine is 1993 4.3 paid 300.00 over 2 years ago and a 9x4x4 trailer I can fit a cord with loading up the rear of the truck too. (trailer is an old 1971 boat trailer very Little tongue weight)

my first thought was you wanted to soup up the s-10
and give it some real power by installing the motor from the 880
hmmm.... winter project

ironpony said:
my first thought was you wanted to soup up the s-10
and give it some real power by installing the motor from the 880
hmmm.... winter project

My saw is worth 7 times what that truck is.....LOL

Sure beats hauling in a Prius! Last week I scrounged 3 hatchback loads of Silver Maple from a few blocks away. Total haul after 3 loads was about a face-cord, lol. I try to keep it around 500lbs max & spread the weight a bit. Anything serious & I need to borrow a truck in exchange for a tank of gas & some beer, or rent one from Lowes... An old S-10 would be a huge step-up!

midwestcoast said:
Sure beats hauling in a Prius! Last week I scrounged 3 hatchback loads of Silver Maple from a few blocks away. Total haul after 3 loads was about a face-cord, lol. I try to keep it around 500lbs max & spread the weight a bit. Anything serious & I need to borrow a truck in exchange for a tank of gas & some beer, or rent one from Lowes... An old S-10 would be a huge step-up!

There out there for under 500.00 bucks lol 2.8 or a 4.3 will run a very long time.

smokinjay said:
midwestcoast said:

There out there for under 500.00 bucks lol 2.8 or a 4.3 will run a very long time.
Indestructible and tanks in the snow.
Eye luv mine!

smokinjay said:
+registration +insurance +maintenance. Can't justify it yet. If I hit a several-year wood score it may happen. BTW Jay, can I borrow your truck this weekend? %-P

midwestcoast said:
smokinjay said:
+registration +insurance +maintenance. Can't justify it yet. If I hit a several-year wood score it may happen. BTW Jay, can I borrow your truck this weekend? %-P

My Insurance is 180.00 a year...Have not put a dime into it not even change the oil in it! Yes You May Just dont floor it there is a broke motor mount and throw a quart of oil in it Oh and wear your seat belt! lol

Them and the Ford Rangers. Almost every rancher I know has one, and it gets a lot more use than the new Dodge diesel in their barn. It's the perfect around-town get-to-work truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.