Will I need a stove pipe adapter (DSP6SA) to connect an Englander 13-NCH to Selkirk DSP stove pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spenceuiuc

Nov 23, 2015
Colorado
Anyone know if you need the Selkirk DSP DSP6SA stove pipe adapter to connect to an Englander 13-NCH? Looks like the adapter is made to fit thicker stove flue outlets. The Englander manual mentions that they also make an adapter. I was wondering if anyone knows if I'll need it since I have to order all this stuff in- nobody seems to carry it locally. Thanks!

I just installed the same setup, same problem with no info. The DSP inner pipe fits loosely into the outlet on the stove. The pipe sits on the weld at the inner circumference of the outlet. I tried using a finishing band slid down into the outlet to tighten the connection, It made a perfect fit but I found it rather burdensome because when I removed the pipe, it stayed in the pipe. I imagined all sorts of problems this would cause trying to clean the stove, etc. After looking around the forum for a while, my solution was to use stove cement on the lip and inside the outlet before attaching the first piece of pipe. If you decide use the cement, install / attach all of the connector pipe, then make the cement the last thing you do. Otherwise the cement could crack.

If you could spot weld the finishing band or other formed sheet metal to the inside of the flue outlet, that would be the ticket IMO.

I didn't use the predrilled holes in the stove to attach the pipe. I used the predrilled holes in the pipe and drilled the stove to match.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.