Window well/basement install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Is it ok!?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way man!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosmonauts

Jan 15, 2016
Pennsylvania
hey guys,

I've had this topic on here before and came to the conclusion with everyone that it is ok and safe to have the class a chimney in a window well due to having to come out below ground. Wondering if anyone has done this on here and may have pictures. I got robbed from a contractor, long story short, and was forced to install chimney sooner rather than later due to the hole in my home. I got the thimble in and sealed it up real nice and have a window well dug and placed in so that the well comes a decent bit above ground. I would imagine that everything I'm doing is up to code and it will be done properly and I'm not going cheap or cutting corners! I am concerned about the clean out being a real pain and may not have enough room underneath the T to put the support on. I got the duravent through the wall kit and saw a diagram from begreen, I believe, of the support bracket being mounted actually above the T. Sorry for the long post but if anyone has any suggestions, feedback, pictures or any ideas at all I appreciate it big time! AS I said the contractor I hired actually stole my 455 rancher, and I was forced to not have him come back due to the theft. So I will finish myself like I should have done from the start like you guys said! thanks guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.