Windy day here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
We are getting some pretty good sustained winds here today. I see I already have one blowdown in my upper yard, waiting anxiously to see if anything else comes down. I'll wait to venture out until it dies down this afternoon, just hoping nothing hits the house or power line. Don't really need the wood right now, still have about a cord of rounds from 2 weekends ago to finish processing

Yea, in north east PA, cold 25, and windy today. About 2 inches of snow. April 3rd looks like the winter days we never had. And there saying more snow tonight. I started a fire yesterday at 50 outside. The house was cooking, but I put on 2 large splits, and choked it down at 10PM. It burned out and blackened up the glass. This morning, 65 in the house, I needed a hot fire, so 400 degrees for 4 hours the glass is perfect. I rarely clean the glass any more.

Reactions: D8Chumley
I did the same, fired it up around lunch yesterday and went out to split and stack the latest score. I'm ready for warm weather like yesterday afternoon, it was like 65ish

Same here in Lancaster. I actually have some branches that are cracked that I want to come down on their own. I really don't want to have to take them down.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Status
Not open for further replies.