Winrich stove dead, control board or switch?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fixall

Oct 23, 2014
Hi all,
picked up a non working winrich pellet stove to use a backup in case the furnace quits, or gas goes on the fritz again...

Previous owner claims the exhaust fan quit. They removed the fan and lost it :/

I found the fan new $171 and only paid $50 for the stove, so good deal right?

I can not get the control board to power up and light the "led" or run the auger. I have 110vac at the white and black wires going into the control board.

Here is my question: There are 3 switches on the fire box. High cut, low cut and the last one is next to the exhaust blower fan. If a normally closed(nc) is open or vice-versa, will that cause the control board to be dead?

I can not find a wiring diagram for this stove that is actually readable so I know what switches are supposed to be open and which ones are supposed to be closed...

This stove will only run under supervision, so I am willing to bypass the switches and pressure switch if needed

Attachments

• 1017141538a.jpg
    1017141538a.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 353
  • 1017141538b.jpg
    1017141538b.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 316
I don't know much about your stove in particular but mine has a similar control board and I had a similar problem a few years back. Pull the screws from the front and pull whole board out. Look in between the face plate and the board and there may be a fuse in there. Pulling the knob and nuts off the posts gives you access. (whole faceplate comes off)

Status
Not open for further replies.