Winter Check List

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would add change the oil on your snow blower. I have an Ariens and they recommend every 40 hours. I do it once a year with 5W-30 so it starts up easier. I also do the same to my standby generator. I am also going to add grease to my snow blower gearbox this year.

Changing the oil in the generator with 10-30. I got it started but too much effort to turn it over so fresh oil will hopefully help address that. I ran my lawnmower dry then put in some ethanol-free gas that also has Stabil in it. Ran it for five minutes and put it away. Draining the tanks of a leaf blower and weed whacked and using two-cycle ethanol gas "Trufuel" and run both of a few minutes and they'll be good to go next Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.