Winter Warmth pellets in HD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
my local HD has a new pellet brand I’ve never seen, “Winter Warm” blue lettering, burns VERY HOT ..!!!!!

glass sort of dirty for a bag and some buildup in burn pot as well as some fines, but man this pellets burn real hot.

Small pellet in size, just like the Fireside Ultra pretty much.

I’m gonna try another bag.

The bag doesn't have any pellet specs, it says it is made specially for Home Depot Atlanta, GA. The guy said this is a new brand and feedback from buyers is that it burns very good.

Anyone has seen this before?

Attachments

• Picture 001 small.jpg
    Picture 001 small.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 704
  • Picture 002 small.jpg
    Picture 002 small.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 723
Great, something new to try. it so happens that i have to go t the HD tonight and get something else. Now ill be on the look out for these pellets. thanks Geek.

I think it would be great if the HD's of the world sold a decent pellet. Keep us posted after a few weeks of using it. How much were they selling it for?

Franks said:
I think it would be great if the HD's of the world sold a decent pellet. Keep us posted after a few weeks of using it. How much were they selling it for?
Correct me if I'm wrong aren't your selling pa pellets which IMO is terrible atleast I thought they were, so how can someone selling a shoulder season pellet knock home depot.What are you selling yours for?

price is $4.94 a bag, ton is around $247

geek said:
price is $4.94 a bag, ton is around $247
Sounds like a fair price geek let us know how they are after a few bags,went to my local home depot and all they had was potomac and they are s#!^.

I have been burning Truman from Gaylax VA nice hot and clean run about 275$ a ton here. Have some Penningtons not to bad alot of dust in the bag though.

woodsman23 said:
I think they are ACP pellets out of alanta ga... yikes

ACP, just another way to spell crap!

woodsman23, What makes you believe there rebagged ACP's??? Just wondering.

jay

jtakeman said:
woodsman23 said:

jay

Well i know of only one pellet mill in ga. and that is acp. My brother in law lives close to it and he said he seen a truck unloading pellets at homey and the truck was one used at ACP. Now he could be wrong.. he is no genius...

woodsman23 said:
.....Well i know of only one pellet mill in ga. and that is acp.

According to the Pellet Fuel Institute pellet manufacturer list, there are 2 other companies making pellets in Ga:

Fulghum Fibrefuels in Augusta, and Varn Wood Products,LLC in Hoboken.

woodsman23 said:
jtakeman said:
woodsman23 said:

jay

Well i know of only one pellet mill in ga. and that is acp. My brother in law lives close to it and he said he seen a truck unloading pellets at homey and the truck was one used at ACP. Now he could be wrong.. he is no genius...

Home Depot is centered in Atlanta GA. Probably why its on the bag. I'm not saying your wrong. I really don't have a clue. I tried both batches last year and neither was anything special. But they have been working on improving. Maybe this is there way of staying in business.

geek, get a picture of a sample of the pellets. Please.

jay

BTU said:
woodsman23 said:
www.framfuels.com AKA ACP WOOD PELLETS, Recieved a 19 million loan from uncle sam to make 130 tonnes of wood pellets for sale.

I bet the vast vast majority of this will go export which is really what fram fuels is all about..they produce far more pellets for export than bagged domestic product

In the case of Fram/ACP pellets, good riddance...send them ALL overseas. Just my 2 cents. :p

I couldn't go back to HD last night to try another bag but plan to go after work.

I never tried those ACP.

This Winter Warm smells good, no dog poop as mentioned like doocrew, smells like a normal pellet to me without bad odors. Look at this pellet like the Fireside Ultra in body context, size and smell, looks exactly the same to me.

The BIG thing I noticed is the heat this brand throws, this is the hottest brand I ever put in my englander, couldn't measure the heat temp but the wife mentioned to me how hot was the house first level with that pellet.

The local Waterbury HD has them, will try to post pics tonight.

macman said:
BTU said:
woodsman23 said:
www.framfuels.com AKA ACP WOOD PELLETS, Recieved a 19 million loan from uncle sam to make 130 tonnes of wood pellets for sale.

I bet the vast vast majority of this will go export which is really what fram fuels is all about..they produce far more pellets for export than bagged domestic product

In the case of Fram/ACP pellets, good riddance...send them ALL overseas. Just my 2 cents. :p

Well at least we can export somethings. Keep the people working.

geek said:
I couldn't go back to HD last night to try another bag but plan to go after work.

I never tried those ACP.

This Winter Warm smells good, no dog poop as mentioned like doocrew, smells like a normal pellet to me without bad odors. Look at this pellet like the Fireside Ultra in body context, size and smell, looks exactly the same to me.

The BIG thing I noticed is the heat this brand throws, this is the hottest brand I ever put in my englander, couldn't measure the heat temp but the wife mentioned to me how hot was the house first level with that pellet.

The local Waterbury HD has them, will try to post pics tonight...

Geek, These really don't sound like anything ACP could make IMO. Both batches I tried last year bearly produced much heat. But they were better than this years Inferno's garbage!

Like the Lowes Clean Energy, We may never know where they are bagged!

I will see if the local HD has some, Add them to the list for testing

hey gang, I added a couple pics to the 1st post, plus here's another one.
I went to local HD again for another bag and asked one of the manager about some specs and he said he got no further info, but then another guy came up (i guess he coordinates shipments for the store) and said that when he spoke to the company on the phone they are "Hamer" from Virginia.

I said "Hamer Hot Ones" and he replied "I didn't ask but all they said was the Hamer name and that the pellet is made in Virginia....".

Is this really Hamer Hot Ones bagged for HD ??

Once again this brand burns HOT like no other brand in my stove.

Attachments

• Picture 003 small.jpg
    Picture 003 small.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 683
That will tell you why there hot!

Hamers for home depot, Geek thats a find. I will be on the watch for them. Thanks for the tip brother!

jay,

i wish i had a temp. test to check the temp. out of the blower, I really hope someone can confirm if this pellet is really the Hamer Hot Ones, which in fact is made in Virginia (WV).

make sense BTU, it does.....

Sure does, The fire probably blasted this years sales and scared off more than a few retailers and end users. I am very sure no one was going to wait for them to get up and going again. Some of the regulars purchased there supplies elsewhere. Even though they did just barely make it.

It could also open up there sales to the economical buyers market, We will have to wait and see if this brand stays around.

Home Depot in CO has a brand name Heat'rs - bought a couple of bags but haven't tried them yet. $214 a pallet - I assume (ha!) a pallet is a ton? Anyone have any experience with them?
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.