Wireless Mesh Network?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Not joined, but orchestrated together by the router. Will only show one name but transmitting both separately.

That's typically configurable. On my mesh network, I have separate SSIDs for the two bands and let the user make the selection... I didn't see the need for the router to make that decision...

Yes, there are times when that’s the best although they have came a long ways since its beginning. In a typical home with a lot of traffic, band steering should in theory perform better now days

Yes, there are times when that’s the best although they have came a long ways since its beginning. In a typical home with a lot of traffic, band steering should in theory perform better now days

Weird. It's just the three of us in the house, (including the dog), all WFH. Yet when I look at the router management screens, there's like 27 wireless devices all sucking at the wifi teats.

And yea, they're all ours. Yikes.