Wiring a new distribution motor for an Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Markinmaine

Jan 8, 2016
Maine
I bought a Fasco B47120 blower to replace my old one in my older Harman Accentra. My old fan just has two wires not including the ground wire. The new fan has four.....black, red, yellow, and blue. It also has a grey one and purplish one as well going into a small box on the housing. I plan on disconnecting the housing from the motor to install.......what two wires do I connect to the stove?

Thank you in advance for your guidance....my first post after reading hundreds here to help me out with other pellet info :)

Mark

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 632
Last edited:
3 speed motor
yellow = neutral
black = high speed
blue = medium speed
red = low speed

looks like some type of circuit breaker-gray and brown. High speed -yellow and black per "Golfeur"

brown and gray wire connected to a small circuit (resistance and condensers) to eliminate the peak voltage when the motor stops
there is less danger to the control board

Thank you all for your feedback and input. It is an Accentra insert installed in 2010.

One final thought for this eager noob......should I install as is or remove the housing and switch out just the fan?

This forum is awesome!

just the fan blade and motor. You would have dismantle half the stove to get to the housing. I have replaced a Dist. motor by myself w/ stove setting on the service rails and the stove up on 4x4 wood blocks. This gives you approx. 5 1/2" which is enough to drop motor out.

A really big and heartfelt thank you to those above that helped with my simple to you, complex to me distribution fan replacement. The install went well and was able to wire everything up perfectly......the moment of truth came when my 13yr old son and I put it in test mode and out came a strong and quiet flow of air into the room!

Thank you again.....I appreciate the help and kindness.

Mark

Reactions: womaus
Status
Not open for further replies.