Wise Way Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems there was a short non-electric thread, but no one saw one operating..

Use the search box and search as two words and one as they appear under both. Cdn. cost that I saw was $2,700/$2,800 so unless you are looking specifically for installation in a space that has no electricity, I'd look at conventional pellet stoves IMO.

Wow! Was not expecting that much!!

Such a nice idea... Just too much money for an unknown

i watched some vids on youtube on these things.. they radiate heat like a wood stove, guess they run at like 500* i bet this would be good in like a cabin with no electricity, or a ice fishing shack or something.. they can heat up to 2000 sq ft.. if it works good its a good idea

Robert,
Go onto Cincinnati Craigslist and search pellet stove in the overall search box on the left corner. Not sure if they are listed in the farm, appliance, household or other listings. There is a shop selling them and they might be able to tell you something about them. If not there try Columbus.

What I saw is that they have two sizes or models. I also saw stuff on Youtube. Probably the same videos Chris mentioned. The Cinti, OH Craigslist add had some pics too. I think one was $1,700-$1,800 new and the larger unit was a little more. Still pricey for what it is IMO.

They are kind of cool though. Not sure how big of a PITA they might be?

I saw these and thought they looked cool, but after watching some of the YouTube videos on them I'm not sure I would buy one. It is cool that they don't need any power to operate. However, without a blower to circulate that warm air I would bet it has a lot of trouble heating more than the room it is in -- a problem that pellet stoves with blowers can already suffer from!

Status
Not open for further replies.