Wondering how to make use of Hearthstone II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnstra

Feeling the Heat
Sep 6, 2010
Northern Colorado
My parents have a Hearthstone II stove sitting unused under a shed at their place. It's in decent shape and it's mine if I can put it to use. Trouble is, theat stove is not EPA II and I don't think I can install it on the Colorado front range.

Does anyone know the ins and out of installing stoves that meet the EPA requirements? I'm assuming I can't even legally install it. Is that correct? Is there a way to retrofit the stove to make it compliant? Any other ideas?

Suggestions appreciated.

-john

I had one and it burnt allot of wood allot I wouldn't bother . I wood sell it and put the money towards a new stove or used epa stove on craigslist clean it up and on load it. Look around on this site and figure out what the best stove is for your needs and what you will need to get started. Good Luck..

johnstra said:
My parents have a Hearthstone II stove sitting unused under a shed at their place. It's in decent shape and it's mine if I can put it to use. Trouble is, theat stove is not EPA II and I don't think I can install it on the Colorado front range.

Does anyone know the ins and out of installing stoves that meet the EPA requirements? I'm assuming I can't even legally install it. Is that correct? Is there a way to retrofit the stove to make it compliant? Any other ideas?

Suggestions appreciated.

-john

nope, no way to bring it up to epa phase II

good unit for someone who doesn't need epa certified stove to pull a permit.
we haven't been able to install pre-epa stoves since 2002 here in our county. lots of folks still do, and dont pull permit though

Status
Not open for further replies.