Woo-Hoo!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! It must feel good to have that bit of independence.

Cheers!

I just wrote the FINAL (read: PAYOFF) check to the Bank of America for the mortgage on our house. Doesn't make us any richer, but at least we can afford to pay our $8K yearly tax bill (for a couple of years, anyway). Just thought I'd share...:)

And to think that we received our tax bill yesterday and were complaining that we have to pay $800 this year... As for the mortgage, we have not paid a mortgage now for about 34 years. Believe me, it is sweet!

Reactions: Curly
Congrats. Got to be a wonderful feeling. I had 10 years to go and then the divorce.....Now under a 30 year weight with 15 years to retirement. Bad math there!

Congrats Daksy. I'd probably retire if mine were paid off but I have another 11 to go. Refied from a 30 to a 15. I wanted to refi again to drop the rate but it wasn't worth it considering points and other fees. It's better to just apply more money to principle every month. For all of you that are considering a refi, go to this site and download the free calculator. I've used it many times to see what my payments could be or how soon I can pay off my loan by sending extra $. It's pretty cool.

http://www.hsh.com/hbcalc.html

Status
Not open for further replies.