Wood carrying bag/sling/tote? Whatcha using ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

moresnow

Minister of Fire
Jan 13, 2015
Iowa
Make/model etc.
Seems there was discussion on a particular model that I was going to order.
I'd swear I sent a link to my wife:)
Lost track of the thread. Naturally! :whistle:

May have been on a different site? Dunno. getting old......

Thanks BG. Found that here as well.
Still looking for a different tote. It had a shoulder strap I believe.

Wow
Ditto
Posted the same time I guess.

This is the item I'd like to try

We bought a couple of decent slings off amazon for 20.00 each. Decent quality waxed canvas (tho a little light on the wax) with full-wrap straps, and well sewn. No shoulder straps, but not necessary for us.

We found long ago that carrying a balanced load, one on each side of your body is far easier than carrying it all on one side. The bonus is you can carry twice as much with less effort.

They would be very simple to make.

Reactions: moresnow
Amazon product ASIN B08PK5S1G4
Pretty similar to this..

I know, no shoulder strap. Unless that shoulder strap is well padded, like a quality back pack's chest/shoulder straps it would be very uncomfortable, me thinks.

Last edited:
I have an LL bean canvas tote with leather handles that is over 50 years old (I inherited). A mouse chewed on it once but still works.

I use this metal basket. Not a bag but I can grab a load of wood from the outdoor storage on porch and bring it right to the stove with little to no mess.

IMG_3613.jpeg

Thanks for the responses all. I have the Logox headed my way. A bit more costly than some of the others but the design looked handy to me.
We will give it a try and let everyone know how it works out.
Interestingly my wife suggested we buy 2 to balance the load. As mentioned by @Newbie78 .

I built a woodbox on rubber casters that I can roll to the back where I have my wood rack. I fill the rack from the shed using a garden cart.

I ordered this one.

IMG_4447.png

We had bought a Canvas Tote from Christmas Tree Shop, going on 6 years now, I think it was $8.99, nothing fancy, gets the job done.

I just use an old, large surplus duffle bag. It works.

Milk crates are great for a lot of things. I could be wrong, but most of them say to not take them. I dont know if its stealing, but I have a few myself. Oh, and LP records fit perfectly!

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

got a cheap one from tractor supply about 4 years ago, it's almost on its last leg, might ask santa for a new one this year