Wood carrying bag/sling/tote? Whatcha using ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We use a LLBean for a couple years and it’s holding up.
Us too--it has held up very well. It looks as though the heavy canvas with leather grips like we have has been dropped in favor of one branded Taylor (or some that look more like the duffel above...). I hate when things that work get replaced....

I’ve been using the wax canvas log carrier. What I don’t like about it is the open ends and the mess it leaves on the floor on the way to the stove room. I had some LL Bean bucks so just ordered:

Duratough Standing Log Carrier

My wife likes the closed ends to keep wood litter in the bag and has great reviews. Free engraving which will say “WOOD” on it. Should last a long time.

For the log holder, I have a unique one from Morso a company in Denmark. It has feet that are shape like duck feet. It goes with my family room theme 😊

I have a Condar Tuff Duck waxed canvas bag that I absolutely love but I don't think they make them anymore. Feelsbadman.

The only other one I've seen that looks close is this one from Garret Wade:

We also have another random one from Amazon that's pretty good with a shoulder strap. My wife likes that one but I prefer the waxes canvas hand held.

Reactions: moresnow
I have a cloth one that I used more at my old place. It’s very short distance from the wood rack on the enclosed porch to the stove side woodbox so it is easier for me to take it by the arm load and often drop the pieces vertically in the box watching out for splinters, no re-stacking. By the arm load may be easier on the back as well. Still, I should I try the carrier again for a fresh comparison.