1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wood cart

Post in 'The Gear' started by bsruther, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsruther

bsruther Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky
    I had a shopping cart that someone dropped off at my house last winter as a joke.
    I knew there was something I could use it for so I held onto it.
    Then this past summer, when I was thinking about making a wood cart to carry my wood in the house, I got an idea.
    Here's the result
    [​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    Nice. Do you have a step to go up? I got a cart with bigger wheels with the thought it'd be easier, but I can't be sure. Either way it beats that sling I was using.
  3. chad3

chad3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeast CT
    I have the northern tools cart and really like it. It was "gotten" from my father who doesn't need to carry wood as far and has another place to store inside. I use it as both the carry equipment and the first of two racks once inside. I have to move twice, but what I do:
    Carry in on that cart. Let it warm/ dry a bit more.
    Transfer as the other one gets down. Bring out and get more.
    I like the system.
  4. bsruther

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky
    I have two concrete steps to go up. I can fill it up and roll it in by the stove and have enough to burn for the night. Works pretty well. Last year I used a two wheel dolly and it was a pita.
    Shopping carts are not just for homeless people.
  5. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    For me those slings: I felt like a spastic weight lifter every time I had to lift it, like when going through the door. With the cart, it's a breeze.
  6. savageactor7

savageactor7 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CNY
    Real nice custom job Woodford I agree that bigger wheels would go through the grass better...maybe ya don't need 'em, Anyway excellent job.
  7. bsruther

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky
    Thanks...I store my wood on racks outside the back door, so the little wheels are fine. I have hauled wood accross the grass on it and it's not too bad as long as it's not wet. I can always buy some bigger tires from HF and put them on if I need to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.