wood coal stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunk30

Hearth Supporter
Nov 15, 2008
North Shore MA
I have a englander wood coal add on furnace.......wondering what would be the best kind of coal to use.... im going to use mostly wood but supplement with coal here and there..... i live just north of boston anyone know where to get small amounts of coal.... any help is appreciated.... thanks

Anthracite is the best coal to use cause it is very clean burning , but Bit coal can work too. If it was easier to get good coal where I like I would have gone with coal instead of wood. Check out this link for all the coal info you need. Hope its ok to post the link.

http://nepacrossroads.com/

It all depends on the unit. Our old 1500 hotblast claimed to burn anthracite, but wouldn't do it. Bituminous coal is what we burned. You may also find due to availability coal may be expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.