Wood delivery seven years ago...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

paredown

Burning Hunk
Jan 11, 2009
Lower Hudson New York
This showed up on my Facebook feed. Good thing we forget about the hard work!

From the local power company (I think)--the pile is in my front yard (no easy back access). Bucked in situ, and the raounds hauled around back in the pickup to be split and stacked. (Which reminds me, I should call them again about getting a load dropped off!) You can see our ranch style house behind

Not the most efficient, but the wood was free and I was younger then.

wood_cutting.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Riff and Prometeo
Ah, youth... and the ways we wasted it! ;lol

Every time I see a YouTube video of some 25 year old kids sailing around the world, I want to kick my former self in the ass.

Reactions: paredown
Ah, youth... and the ways we wasted it! ;lol

Every time I see a YouTube video of some 25 year old kids sailing around the world, I want to kick my former self in the ass.

I usually remind myself at those points that I wasn't fortunate enough to be born to wealthy parents. Though, I was sailing at that age, on 100,000 tons of freedom courtesy of the USN.