Wood Estimation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 27T in order. I looked at the 22T and you'll be happy. Did you check your hydraulic fluid level after cycling it a couple times when it was uncrated?

Measure the circumference of the pile at the base. The pile below had a circumference of ~90' at the base. It was 7' tall in the middle and measured 27'x30'. I'm roughly halfway through it and have a hair over 7 cords split/stacked so far. I'm thinking I will have ~14 cords when said and done.

Wood Estimation

Reactions: Jay106n
JRHAWK - Holy cow that is a lot of wood

Laxin - Yes, I did. I have run several cords through it at this point.

I am still in the process of stacking the pile. I have some of the bigger stuff to buck into a few pieces and split.

Well I finally got it all stacked up. It only amounted to 3 cords. In addition, about 25% of the round pile was punky rotten wood, so that I obviously didn't stack. I spoke to the supplier and advised of the amount of punk and lack of expected cordage (it was advertised as 5-6 cord), he said he would send another load out, no questions asked.

Wood Estimation

Wood Estimation

There is a total of 4 cords stacked here. About 1 cord I had from a previous free scrounge.
Wood Estimation

Last edited:
Reactions: stephiedoll
Status
Not open for further replies.