Wood fired corn dryer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brent3556

Jan 1, 2009
Southwest Minnesota
Has anyone made or found something like this? I can but corn dried below  which is what my furnace calls for but the idea of not having to use propane to dry it intrigues me. My dad is also considering a corn furnace for it's ease compared to his chord wood set up. He has 6-8 acres of tillable land that we grow corn on every other year. The trouble is that we don't want to spend the $ for a larger-than-we-need scale dryer setup. We both enjoy putting up wood now but he is not getting any younger and I am required to travel some for work so the corn option is where I went for my house and he see's the ease as well. Any info would be great. I googled it and found some pretty crude looking stuff done years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.