Wood ID help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Delaware
I was searching web trying to do this one on on but I'm no good at it lol. How about a little help.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391536548.572480.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391536562.137790.jpg

Beech

Reactions: fireview2788
I was just looking at that on google. Bark looks like beech.

Another nice score Sully. You may want to save it until '15-'16. Probably won't be ready by next winter.

Beech for sure!

Awesome . Went back with a friend. Loaded his truck and my truck. Time to do some splitting.

Beech for sure. Great stuff. No hearts or love letters carved in the bark?:)

Pauly, your comment reminded me when I began deer hunting in one area of Michigan's UP, I found a beech that had carved, "E. S. shot bear. 1946." That was really something and it turned out that E.S. was one of our neighbors! His oldest son and I are still best friends and we are both in our 70's.

Nope. He was a farmer and we lived only about a mile from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.