Wood ID Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weeks001

Feb 24, 2014
Alabama
Good morning everyone,

Believe it or not, its snowing in Alabama!!!

I'm looking for an ID on the below wood. I got a trailer load from my supplier, and about 80% of the wood looks like this. I get the wood practically free, so I don't hassle the guy who gives it to me. But I'd still like to know what it is. Its quite heavy for its size, and has a great smell to it. The wood comes pre scraped, so there's no bark on it to help with the id.

Any help would be appreciated.

Roll Tide Wood ID.jpg Load.jpg

The pictures are a little fuzzy, but the long straight grain looks like oak to me.

Oak primarily. Maybe some other mixed in but like 2PP said, pics are fuzzy.

First thought . . . red oak.

War Eagle War? ;) Sorry . . . I have an Alabamian transplant friend up here who is all about Auburn . . . I guess she's the black sheep since a lot of her family are Alabama fans though.

Red Oak and a few others perhaps.......Fuzzy Fotos

Status
Not open for further replies.