WOOD ID:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very hard to tell from the pictures. It looks like it is starting to get punky whatever it is. Ash or pine maybe but really not sure.

Reactions: Paulywalnut
Its too far gone to be worth it. Looks too punky to me. Could be another norway maple.

hmmm bummer. Now that you meantion it it does look kinda punky. Will pass on it I guess.

hmmm bummer. Now that you meantion it it does look kinda punky. Will pass on it I guess.
Looks punky, and could be Pooplar.

Pass on it. Looks like punky box elder. Related to the sponge.

I passed. I am picking up 2 truck loads of silver maple from a buddy at work tomorrow, then got another buddy from work who has at least a full truck load of cherry. Once I get all that split and stacked I will see where im at. I went through a lot more wood then I thought I would this year.....(I think thats true for everyone)

Reactions: D8Chumley
I passed. I am picking up 2 truck loads of silver maple from a buddy at work tomorrow, then got another buddy from work who has at least a full truck load of cherry. Once I get all that split and stacked I will see where im at. I went through a lot more wood then I thought I would this year.....(I think thats true for everyone)
That soft Maple and Cherry will be good to go in the fall if you get it stacked soon and don't split huge, and it's bound to be a better drying summer than last year in these parts....

Status
Not open for further replies.