Wood IDs, Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EPS

Burning Hunk
Jun 5, 2015
NH
You know when I have a week off from work when I post at least once a day to Hearth.com.

Was walking in the woods spying trees to cut up (most of them are recently dead) and thought I'd get some IDs before I CSS
1) woodID1.jpg 2) WoodID2.jpg
3) WoodID3.jpg 4) WoodID4.jpg

Red Maple

Red maple.

I just realized that 1 and 4 are the same picture. Are all three images red maple? They are from three different trees

I just realized that 1 and 4 are the same picture. Are all three images red maple? They are from three different trees

Red maple is my guess on each one. It's just photos, so I don't claim to be super certain.

#2 maybe a Hard Maple, can't be certain from that pic...

Maple. Look at the twigs on branches. If they are opposite each other, then it’s almost certainly maple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk