1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

wood insert fan speed add-on

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by coltfever, Nov 21, 2012.

1. coltfever

coltfever Member

Loc:
    Middle Tennessee
    Here is a little adjustable fan speed add on I thought I would share with you. My stove is an insert which a fan on it is a must thing to have to move the heat. Has 3 speed manual or auto blower. Kinda loud even on low speed so I wanted slow it down alittle more. First I connected to the high side of the fan but still ran too loud even after you adjust the speed knob. Connected to the low side of fan and was perfect. No loud fan noise or even motor hum. Sure makes its nice when you don't have to turn up the tv to override the fan noise and didn't even hurt the looks of my stove. Very easy add on. Here are a few pictures of it.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. A1Stoves.com

A1Stoves.com Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    Are you sure the motor is ok to run at a lower speed?
    if so, i'm not sure why they come with a 3 speed toggle.....
  3. coltfever

coltfever Member

Loc:
    Middle Tennessee
    No I'm not sure about that. With it being 3 speed I thought I woud try that on low. If you think I might damage the motor I can easy remove it. With your background I am sure you know alot more about it than I do. I enjoy reading your post you have on this board. The switch was just an idea and I like having the off switch it has. Nice for removing ashes without fan blowing.