Wood inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colestarkey26

May 12, 2014
Burgettstown pa
I am looking at inserts and I dont want to get crazy in price. Does anyone have opinions on any of the following:

Timberwolf EPI22,
From Northern Tool
US Stove Wood Stove Insert — 69,000 BTU, EPA-Certified, Model# 2200I
Drolet Fireplace Wood Insert, Model# DB03120
Timber Ridge Wood Insert — 60,000 BTU, EPA-Certified, Model# 50-TNC131

You're looking in the right group. There's also the Century CB00005 and CB00006. My preference would be for the stove with the deepest firebox so that you can burn N/S if desired.

In the "value" line of inserts the Drolet or the Timber Ridge will do a good job for you. A little edge to the Drolet for wider firebox and thicker top plate and a little edge to the Timber Ridge (Englander) for famous good customer support. But both good stoves.

US Stove irritates me with thinner steel and exaggerating area heated. Among other things.

Does the Timberwolf compare?

I am looking at inserts and I dont want to get crazy in price. Does anyone have opinions on any of the following:

Timberwolf EPI22,
From Northern Tool
US Stove Wood Stove Insert — 69,000 BTU, EPA-Certified, Model# 2200I
Drolet Fireplace Wood Insert, Model# DB03120
Timber Ridge Wood Insert — 60,000 BTU, EPA-Certified, Model# 50-TNC131

It's a newer model from Wolf Industries. I like it's square firebox.

I can't vouch for the others, but the Timber Ridge is going to give you a 6 hour burn time max, with primo firewood.

Love my 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.