wood or pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wood or pellets?

• wood

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • pellets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at my friends new house yesterday, he has a Enviro 55, I did a full top to bottom cleaning on it.
First of all, the stove was in horrible condition, the previous owners did not do a thing to it other than empty the ash pan, it took me about an hour to clean the whole unit. I was impressed with the ease of cleaning, I truly thought that this was going to be a pain, I took the whole chamber apart and vacuumed everything, oiled a few movable pieces. I took that back part of the stove apart, cleaned / vacuumed the blower and got the 1" dust build up off the electronics. I disconnect the chimney pipe from the unit and stuffed a towel in it, went outside and took the clean out off (about 3" of soot came out with the clean out cap) Connected the leaf blower to it and blew the smoke pipe clean.

Wood I own a pellet stove? I don't think its for me, but I'm a little more interested in the experience of it when my friend runs it next year.

Wood or pellets? Wood!

I have electric baseboards and propane furnace. Last thing I need is another way to pay for heat that needs electricity to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.