Wood "shed"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool_hand_Looke

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2013
Illinois
So, the new F150 commercial shows a couple guys loafing firewood in a truck. But...the woodshed is like a tarp canopy tent. Anyone use these?

Somewhere with no snow or wind that'd be fine. Otherwise.....

I thought of buying one for use as a woodshed, they do have some with a rounded roof that can take a snow load, thing is in 4-5 years I'd be looking for a new one, might as well build something that will last longer.

We dont normally get much snow. This year thought, weve gotten as much as Anchorage has already. Just figured itd be a bit more useful seeing as it's mobile.

I doubt Ford's marketing people really know much about the firewood process. I'm surprised it isn't the shrink-wrapped wood that you see at gas stations.

We've seen a few around here but none of them seem to last more than a couple years. One guy though has patched his several times. Not sure what holds it up any more but he uses it to park his car in.

A much better idea would be the steel carports. Leaving the sides and ends open would make an ideal wood shed. I thought about one as did a neighbor. He put one up and it is working great. He has an OWB and has part of the boiler under the roof so he doesn't get wet if it is raining. We put one up but ended up enclosing the whole thing, putting 2 roll-up doors and a walk-in door plus 3 windows. Love it.

Barn 3 cord.JPG Moving wood.JPG

In October we move enough wood for the winter into the shed. Pictured are about 3 cord.

Reactions: Kool_hand_Looke
Status
Not open for further replies.