Wood Stove Choices: Advice appreciated.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The compressed bricks must stay dry. If they get moisture in them the sawdust swells and breaks apart the brick.
I have spoken to the people who I have purchased and will install the Super LE in Jan.

(Have been put on an on call list and may get it installed sooner. Then, as promised to the Mrs. will have it insured and then its time to fire it up)

I asked about the Enviro brick sfrom Tractor Suypply, they sell the XBOX bricks or whatever they're called but they said at BEST, you should be burning a 50/50 if you are low on wood supply but strongly recommends that you do not burn straight "XBOX" block. I am assuming because they tend to burn hot and are highly likely to cause "Overfire"(?). Would you agree with that assessment?

Also I feel the ignorance on me and modern stoves and how they run is very high. Any recommendation on a source to read up on?

Don't want any surprises.

I used wood stoves in the past but that was a LONG past (40+ years ago). Now it seems I can't even start to light one without reading how that's wrong.

I used wood stoves in the past but that was a LONG past (40+ years ago). Now it seems I can't even start to light one without reading how that's wrong.

Don't look at it as you're doing it wrong, look at is as we have figured out better ways to do it.

Also stoves have changed what with reburn tubes and catalysts, so it's natural that running them would be different.

I have spoken to the people who I have purchased and will install the Super LE in Jan.
I think you will be happy with your choice.
I asked about the Enviro brick sfrom Tractor Suypply, they sell the XBOX bricks or whatever they're called but they said at BEST, you should be burning a 50/50 if you are low on wood supply but strongly recommends that you do not burn straight "XBOX" block. I am assuming because they tend to burn hot and are highly likely to cause "Overfire"(?). Would you agree with that assessment?
It's best to treat them with respect when starting out, but burning 3 to start with is not going to make the stove go nuclear. With experience, you may end up burning more.
Also I feel the ignorance on me and modern stoves and how they run is very high. Any recommendation on a source to read up on?
The Super is a pretty easy to run stove. This thread is on the bigger T6, but the same principle go for operation.