wood stove hearth floor paint?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millrrr

Dec 31, 2014
Pa
I just finished putting in wood stove hearth floor made of 18x18 inch cast veneer stone(i think). when i cut the stone there were small like pebbles in it. anyway, we now think the veneer stone we are installing on the walls doesn't match the floor. can I paint the floor with a concrete paint or something else? or is this not possible?..thanks tom

So called concrete paint is often not paint at all. What it does is stain the concrete so that the finished product seems to be a new color. It does that by interacting chemically with the concrete and should not affect the fire resistance of the concrete. On the other hand some people use deck paint as a coating for concrete. The coating will definitely affect things like how well it performs as a combustible barrier. Be sure you know how your tint works before committing to using it.

So called concrete paint is often not paint at all. What it does is stain the concrete so that the finished product seems to be a new color. It does that by interacting chemically with the concrete and should not affect the fire resistance of the concrete. On the other hand some people use deck paint as a coating for concrete. The coating will definitely affect things like how well it performs as a combustible barrier. Be sure you know how your tint works before committing to using it.
Ok, thank you!...any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.